Our buy-charter model is simple and good.
A lot speaks for it:
You buy your dream yacht, you sail your yacht and with the charter income the running costs are covered and your yacht refinances itself. You can equip your yacht according to your ideas and use it as you wish. Your yacht will always be professionally maintained and cared for without you having to worry about it. You own your own yacht, but do not have the associated work and costs. Which vessel you will finally decide on is totally up to you. What we can do is assist you by guiding you through the process. We have a lot of experience and will gladly connect you with shipyards and answer any queries you might have.
Why opt for buy & charter?
The revenue from chartering your yacht will help you to finance and maintain it. Ultimately this will help you to fulfil your dream of,... your own boat. Professional maintenance and care by specialists guarantees the stability of your yacht’s value. As owner you have a number of weeks during which you use theboat yourself.
- The yacht is your property, but you do not have the work that comes with owning it.
- These advantages show clearly why this method is gaining in popularity.
Depending on the country and the legal situation, there are different possibilities to charter your yacht in Croatia, Turkey or Greece:
- Financing the yacht through a leasing bank
- Renting of the yacht by you or your company to the future service company
- Bringing the yacht into an existing company
Based on our many years of experience, we will be happy to advise you in order to find the right model for you.
The owner is entitled to use the boat for up to 4 weeks, taking into consideration the current booking situation. When agreed upon with the booking office, a longer period of self-exploitation is possible. The financial arrangement for the weeks of self-exploitation depends on the charter programme you chose.
Buy & charter revenue
Depending on the financing model, charter revenues pay for the leasing rates, mooring, insurance, Croatian fees, service charges for continuous maintenance, storage during winter, spring servicing etc. With the model „renting out“ the owner charges a fixed rent.
The right partner
To charter a yacht is a matter of trust. A good cooperation contributes substantially to the success of the chartering and to the conservation of value of your investment. For over 35 years in the charter market we have made ourselves a good name for quality and best service with our charter customers and ship owners. With our yacht owner programme every year many realise their dream of their own yacht. We know what is important so that you, as the owner, are just as satisfied as our charter guests.
As your partner we have ...
- A huge pool of regular customers due to 35 years of experience on the market
- A booking office in Austria and our own charter office in Austria and Croatia with the possibility of online bookings
- A network of well-respected charter agencies from all over Europe
- Maintenance workshops and a spare parts stock at every base
- German speaking staff
- A highly competent and informed technical team, that is up-to-date with the technical advancements on motors, electronics i.e. autopilot, GPS, radar etc. The maintenance staff undergoes direct training by the shipyards specialists.
These requirements have helped us grow our fleet of owned yachts over 300. Our 15 charter bases in Croatia offer top service, so owners as well as charter clients have a hassle free and fabulous sailing holiday.
- Liaison of the agency network
- Provide the yacht’s mooring
- Insurance process
- Provide the charter package at a special price
- Targeted add campaigns for your yacht in various yachting magazines
- Attendance at European charter and leisure trade shows
- Direct contact with our charter clients
- Our own workshop including an extensive spare parts warehouse
- Yacht handover to guests before and after each trip
- Yacht inspection and maintenance/repair
- Renewal of wear and tear parts
- Motor servicing
- Mooring during winter incl. washing of the sails with fresh water, conservation of the motor, airing/ventilation
- Spring maintenance (sanding of floorboards, renewing of the antifouling, etc)
Our office has been working with a large European network of agencies for 25 years.This guarantees an optimal use of capacity for your yacht. You, the owner, will receive 15% commission, if you act as agent for your or someone else’s yacht.
Chartering revenues will be paid to the leasing bank or owner on the 10th of the following month. All owners receive an annual performance revision at the end of the year.
Yachts that are part of the Pitter charter programme, are third party insured, have full comprehensive coverage and are insured against charter cancellation. As owner you may also take out other package insurances, at lower prices.
Duration of contracts
Signed contracts can be cancelled every year. We do recommend, for economical reasons, not to terminate during the first 6 to 7 years.
We will gladly advice you when it comes to deciding on the equipment of your yacht. As an example, for good equipment of a charter yacht we have exact lists, which may help you to make your decision. These lists are based on the standard inventory for your yacht's equipment, which is considered indispensable. Types and brands of equipment are left to your choice. We will be happy to provide you with equipment that goes beyond the recommended equipment at favourable conditions. A well-equipped yacht will bring you good utilisation. We are happy to make you a non-committal offer.
Choosing the right base
Depending on your wishes and the possible conditions, you can charter your yacht on our own Pitter yacht charter bases in Croatia, Turkey or Greece. Croatia is a preferred nautical tourism destination, especially the Dalmatian coast. Due to the good transport connections, arrival is easy and comfortable either by car or plane. Pitter Yachtcharter operates its own bases in Veruda, Biograd, Murter-Jezera, Vodice and Trogir and thus covers almost the entire coastline of Croatia.
Assistance at contract end
If you decide to no longer charter your yacht, we can still continue our partnership. We can take over the responsibility of caring for, servicing and repairing your yacht. You may continue to fall back on our knowledge, the competence of our specialists and our extensive spare parts warehouse. Precise and transparent bills will give you an exact overview of our dealings. We will also gladly be at your disposal in case you wish to sell your yacht.