Skippered Yacht Charter
You dream of sailing and don't have a licence or as a sailing novice you still have too little experiance and want support, or you just want a relaxing holiday? Then you've come to the right place! All our yachts can be booked with a skipper.
When is an external skipper suitable for your yachting holiday?
An external Skipper is specially for:
- Newcomers to sailing and people interested in sailing
- People with a sailing licence who just want to spend relaxed days on a sailing yacht without taking responsibility for the ship and crew and possibly still want to learn from a skipper on board.
- People without a sailing licence who want to spend their holidays on a sailing yacht or on a catamaran.
One of our skippers will take you to the most beautiful ports and bays in our sailing destinations in Croatia, Turkey, Greece, Slovenia, Italy, the Netherlands or the Caribbean.
What makes an experienced skipper?
The skipper takes responsibility for the yacht and the safety on board. If you wish, you can of course learn more about steering a yacht from the skipper, take the helm yourself under the skipper's guidance and support, or simply relax. Our skippers are familiar with the area, have already sailed countless nautical miles and have years of experience in running a yacht. The skipper you book is the ideal guide for your crew, because he will also take you to bays, restaurants, hidden treasures and insider places that you won't find in a guidebook and that only locals know. He is familiar with the best moorings and anchorages. He is also happy to bring you safely ashore with the dinghy. The skipper has all the necessary qualifications for each sailing destination and area. The skipper is also responsible for bringing the yacht back to base in an undamaged condition. Furthermore, he knows the sea mostly from childhood and can assess dangers and react to them in the best possible way. The crew must follow the skipper's instructions to avoid harm to the ship and crew. The skipper knows the weather, e.g., the winds, currents and tidal movements. The skipper therefore knows the area inside out.
Our tips for your relaxed sailing holiday with skipper
- Discuss with the skipper your wishes regarding life on board during your trip - what is your daily routine? Do you prefer to eat on board or visit conobas, restaurants? Do you want to avoid mass tourism and prefer to have dinner in small conobas? You are completely free to provide the skipper with provisions or to take him ashore to eat.
- Have you done your own research on the area, or do you leave it up to the skipper to decide where to go? Tell your skipper where you would like to sail. Together with you, your skipper will choose the best route for you according to the current wind and weather conditions. He will certainly make your sailing trip a special experience.
- Would you like to learn sailing skills from your skipper? Then let him know. Your skipper is usually happy to assist you on board.
- Would you prefer privacy? Just let us know. Our experienced skippers respect your privacy. Each skipper has his own cabin and only uses the common areas of the yacht.
What else you should know:
Depending on the area, our skippers cost an average of € 180/day in addition to food and their own cabin. Divided by the number of crew members, this is an affordable luxury and safety factor.
A separate cabin must be provided for the skipper - it is also sufficient if an outside cabin is provided at the bow (in cooler seasons, of course, this is not so pleasant - he is also happy about an inside cabin then). This way you have your privacy and so does the skipper! It is best to take a close look at the layout of the yacht beforehand and plan where the skipper can best be accommodated so that there is enough space for your crew.
Please note that the skipper is not responsible for cleaning the yacht or providing provisions. The skipper's catering (restaurant or provisions on board) must be provided for the entire trip. You can also order your provisions online with our provisions service on certain bases in advance and have them delivered to your yacht! More information about our provisioning service.
Do you need advice on which charter type is right for you? Our experienced sales team will be happy to advise you by telephone from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00.
Are you already sure that you want to book your dream yacht with one of our experienced skippers? Then you are very welcome to book your favourite yacht online on the desired date. Select "sailing with skipper" in the charter type and the skipper will automatically be added to your booking. Here you can also find out everything about your yacht. If you have any questions, you are of course welcome to contact our team at the booking centre at any time after your online booking.