Successful 22nd Kornati Cup
That was Kornati Cup 2023
It's amazing how quickly regatta days go by. The Kornati Cup, which is a fixture on the regatta calendar, has come to an end this year and what could be better than opening the sailing season with a successful regatta? ⛵
👉 Sailing is passion, that was the motto of this year's Kornati Cup. Team spirit, passion for sailing, community, fun, joie de vivre - our teams felt all this throughout the regatta days. We can certainly agree on that! 😊
Teams and Categories at the 22nd Kornati Cup
This time, 89 boats from 7 classes with 557 participants from 10 nations competed in a total of 5 races. There were also 81 women competing in the 22nd Kornati Cup, including two women's teams, who were highlighted at the award ceremony. The diversity of the classes again fascinated everyone. Whether EHK (standard classes), ORC with or without spinnaker, multihulls - all groups have their challenges, and these were again mastered brilliantly.
The Pitter Yachtcharter standard category of BAVARIA CRUISER 46 were all there again this year due to many requests. It should also be noted that 70% of the yachts at the Kornati Cup were Bavaria yachts. This again coincides with the fact that Bavaria yachts are the most popular charter yachts and are appreciated for their excellent sailing characteristics by our customers.
The route of the regatta led via Biograd to Murter and back to Biograd. The regatta committee declared "safety first" for the regatta day on Tuesday. Therefore, the sailing day on Tuesday in the Kornati National Park had to be cancelled due to the strong wind of almost 35 knots and a shore day was inserted. So, we spent some leisurely time with the crew. In retrospect, it was the right decision, because the next two days of the regatta brought good wind and weather conditions. So, on Thursday, we were able to sail well into the evening. From Jugo to Bora over Mistral, all winds were present at this regatta. The saying "We can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently" should have been the motto. 😉 So, the sportive aspect, essential for a regatta, was present as well.
The attractive programme at the Kornati Cup
The regatta organisers have once again put a lot of effort into providing a great event with sporting challenges on the regatta course and an attractive social programme after arrival. ➡️ If you sail well, you can also party. Our regatta crews have proven this time and time again. At the Bazen in Biograd, there was an ample opening and award ceremony buffet followed by live music. The crew community also thrived on the jetty with good sailing food and live bands.
At the award ceremony on Thursday, the atmosphere was just as great - all teams were celebrated. This time, we also wanted to pay special attention to our participating ladies. All the ladies were invited to the stage and received a rose as a small thank you. 🌹 We danced and celebrated the night away with DJ GEE. 🥳
The Kornati Cup on Social Media
We reported daily on our social media channels Instagram and Facebook. With our extensive stories, our entire community was able to participate in the regatta - all stories on Instagram are saved in the Highlights Kornati Cup 2023. Photos 📸 were also published daily as posts. This time, there was also a daily reel (short video) 🎞️ on Instagram to summarise and review the day.
The daily picture gallery with all the photos of the day are published on the Kornati Cup website. There is a large selection of great photos from our photographer available for download. The final film of the regatta, which you saw at the award ceremony, is also available on the website.
Thanks to all participants of the 22nd Kornati Cup
Behind the scenes of such a big event are many contributors, employees and of course sponsors. Such a great event would not be possible without our long-standing sponsors. We would therefore like to say a big thank you to our partners:
- BAVARIA YACHTS has been a sponsor for more than 15 years and this year also had its own team at the start in the standard class Bavaria Cruiser 46. You can read the BAVARIA YACHTS blog article here.
- Yachten Meltl and the Kornati Cup have been cooperating for decades. Unfortunately, Yachten Meltl could not provide a team this year, but they are happy to have supported the Kornati Cup 2023. You can read the blog article of YACHTEN MELTL here.
- With Alen Kustić, we had an experienced international race officer and international judge on board. Together with Armin Wiedmaier, the chairman of the protest committee, 5 fair races were held. A big thank you for the skipper briefings and the fair race management.
- For the regatta to be officially registered and for us to be able to sail a regatta at all in this beautiful area, the organiser of the sporting part of the regatta is Yachtklub Kun in cooperation with Yachtclub Kornati. Thank you for the many years of good cooperation. A heartfelt thank you also went to Branko Rameša, who accompanied the Kornati Cup on behalf of the Yacht Club Kornati.
- A very special thank you to Marina Kornati in Biograd and Ilirija who supported and welcomed us on site.
- We would like to thank Milan Subotić-Daković, Thomas Woppel from Yachtfilm, John Sereći and Boris Kačan from Boris Kačan Photography for all the photos and filming. 😎
Finally, a big thank you goes to the participants of the Kornati Cup. You are the ones who make the Kornati Cup special. Thank you for your participation and the great team spirit that made the whole regatta a fair event! 💙
➡️ See you soon out on the water. Be it for a sailing holiday, the next regatta of the Offshore Challenge in autumn or the Kornati Cup 2024.